Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Social Networking Sites


My thoughts on different social networking sites:

Facebook: Facebook is definitely a website that I have completely stopped using. I deactivated my account over a year ago and it feels great not having to blindly check my notifications everyday. I didn't find myself talking to anyone through the Facebook chat, and I didn't enjoy uploading pictures or updating my status as much. My overall thought is that it was a good social networking site that changed the way people communicated with one another, but I don't see Facebook making a comeback anytime soon.

Myspace: Myspace is another website that I haven't visited in a long time. Mostly because I made it in Junior High and it contains many embarrassing posts. Now that Myspace is geared towards music sharing, I haven't really felt the need to continue using my account. I don't know of too many people that still use Myspace.

Twitter: Twitter is something that I more recently started using because of this class. I didn't create an account prior to this because I knew it would be a huge distraction. But I can definitely see why everyone loves Twitter so much, and it can definitely become an addiction. Twitter reminds me of Facebook's status updates; you can share your thoughts on anything.

Instagram: I personally love the idea behind Instagram because everyone loves sharing photos and it's super easy to use. More recently, Instagram added a video feature, so you can now share funny videos with your friends as well. Many businesses have also started using Instagram to promote their products.

No comments:

Post a Comment